One of the tips we regularly give to brides-to-be when they ask how to prep for their bridal makeup trial is: choose a look that is classic, but true to who you are. We say this because we want you to love your makeup on your wedding day and every day after. This “vintage glamour” look is one that withstands the test of time. It’s just as fitting for a modern bride as it was during the Golden Age of Hollywood.
The best part about a glamorous, Old Hollywood look is it’s easily achieved with and without the help of a professional makeup artist. Watch this video for a step-by-step tutorial on how to get the look.
Old Hollywood Wedding Makeup Tutorial
Create a Flawless Complexion
- Begin by priming your skin for all-day wear using our Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener.
- Use Enlighten Concealer to create a flawless complexion.
- With the Flocked Sponge, apply your PurePressed shade in a pressing and rolling motion.
- Spritz your face with D2O Hydration Spray to keep your look locked into place.
- For a light and natural contour use the matte side of So-Bronze 3 under your cheekbones and jawline.
- For a beautiful flush apply Mocha PurePressed Blush to your cheeks.
Get Sultry-looking Eyes
- Fill in your brows with the Retractable Brow Pencil.
- Prime your eye lids with Gold Smooth Affair for Eyes.
- Sweep Cappuccino PurePressed Eye Shadow into the crease of your eye.
- To give your crease more dimension, apply Double Espresso PurePressed Eye Shadow in the crease.
- Apply Bone PurePressed Eye Shadow to your eye lid using an Eye Shader brush.
- To make your eyes look wide awake, apply White Eye Pencil into the water line.
- Line the bottom lash line with Double Espresso and Cappuccino for a more pulled together eye look.
- Bump up the glam using Onyx Mystikol Powdered Eyeliner to create winged liner.
- For a dramatic lash look apply false lashes to the top lash line. Tie the look together with Black Onyx PureLash Mascara on the lower lash line.
- If you’d like a more intense eye liner look use Black Liquid Liner to intensify your wing.
Finish with Kissable Lips
- For that classic red lip apply the stain from Passion Lip Fixation and top with Cindy PureMoist Lipstick.
- To define your Cupid’s bow use Crimson Lip Pencil.
- Finish the look with another spritz of D2O Hydration Spray and you’re ready to get married!
We Want to Know
What bridal makeup look would you like to see us recreate? Comment with your answer below and we may choose your look for our next bridal makeup tutorial.